Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


On Saturday night, while Mike and Trevon attended the Priesthood Session of General Conference, we colored hard-boiled eggs for Easter fun.

Sunday morning, the kids woke to find their Easter baskets hidden around the house. They enjoyed the goodies they found.

We spent four hours of our day watching General Conference. Two hours in the morning and then another two hours at the afternoon session. Many of the talks were about our Savior, Jesus Christ. It was a wonderful way to reflect on the true meaning of the Easter holiday. I am thankful for the many accounts that testify of Christ's resurrection (Matthew 28:1-8; Mark 16:1-14; Luke 24:1-48; John 20:1-29; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 2 Peter 1:16-17). Great comfort and peace comes in knowing that the Savior lives and that through His Atonement, we will live again as well.
After Conference (which takes place the first weekend in April, and again the first weekend in October), we had an Easter Feast of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry jello salad, peas, corn, rolls, and green salad. We invited the missionaries over to share our dinner with us and enjoyed their company. Mike, Cameron, Corban and I went on a stroll around the neighborhood and got to see some brand new lambs that were just born this morning. It was a wonderful day! I sat down and seeing some yarn and crochet hooks, I started thinking about my grandma and the lessons she gave me as a child. I began to crochet - and ended up making this little flower. I think it would look great in one of my daughter's hair. Flowers remind me of the beauty of life and of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment