On Thursday evening, Sadie had a middle school orchestra concert.
They played The Chronicles of Narnia (Harry Grgson-Williams), Highlights from Harry Potter (John Williams), Danza (Vaclav Nelhybel), and Arlington Sketches (Elliot Del Borgo). Sadie led a group ensemble in playing Czardas (V. Monti).
I was out of town at the time of the concert, but Mike told me all about it. He said that after the concert ended, Sadie's teacher approached him asking, "Do you know what you have here?" She told Mike that Sadie has great talent and is playing well below her abilities (at the school) and at a level that is far above her (the teacher's) teaching abilities. She said Sadie needs a new violin in the $2000 range and coaching (a private teacher) to be playing at her ability level. WOW! What a compliment! So, now we will be looking into grants and such to help Sadie continue growing in this talent that she has.
I was sorry to have missed the concert, and at the same time, happy I was able to take a trip to Flagstaff to spend time with my youngest sister, Sara. I visited her Thursday through Saturday.
She took great care of me - making some GREAT and healthy food with recipes from 101cookbooks. We walked the hill to the Lowell Observatory for exercise on Friday. We went shopping together and she convinced me to buy a shirt I would have never bought on my own. Then, she dressed me in a few of her clothes and even sent me home with some of them. It was fun! I went to a used bookstore with her and found a book (MIDDLEMARCH by George Eliot), that I've been wanting to own, for just $3. YEAH!!! On Saturday morning, she took me to a spinning class at the Flagstaff Athletic Club. It was GREAT exercise. Then, we went to a Little League game that my nephews were playing in before I headed back home.
It was such a nice get away and I loved spending time with Sara and her family. Saturday morning, Sadie and her friend Emily had yet another bake sale to earn money for Disneyland. These bake sales are becoming quite frequent for the kids as the neighbors are very supportive in their efforts to raise money - - especially when such yummy goods are involved! Today (Sunday), Cari graduated from Seminary.
She received a four year diploma and was encouraged to take institute classes in college. Her High School Graduation is this coming week and we are looking forward to seeing her grandparents and celebrating with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment