Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

On Friday afternoon, I arrived to find the Force (a performance group of about ten kids) waiting for me in my kitchen. They sang me L-O-V-E
and handed me a gift from Sadie. I was so SURPRISED! It was so nice to be sung to and a very special mother's day gift!

Mother's Day began with a big breakfast.
Mike made waffles, scrambled eggs, fresh-squeezed orange juice and served some strawberry yogurt on the side. He had Trevon pick me a rose that added a nice touch to the breakfast tray. It was yummy and very filling. How could I resist a breakfast so generously given? I just couldn't!



After I was dressed for my day, we gathered together and the kids brought me a basket of gifts. WOW! I loved reading their cards and opening a few presents. Most of all, I loved being together and feeling love for my family. I am so thankful to be a mother and for what each child brings/adds to our family.



Some of my Mother's Day Treasures:


One of my favorite gifts was a game Kristi gave me. It was fun to play with the kids:





My kids are GREAT and I love them so much.



I wish I had taken a picture of Mike. He really is the one that made possible my special day. He was very thoughtful and made a great lasagne dinner for our day too. Some people don't like Mother's Day but I really do enjoy it. I don't reflect on the things I do wrong or what improvements I need to make as a mother on this day. Rather, on this day, I count my blessings and ENJOY motherhood for the special people that are in my life; my parents, my husband, children and family. I celebrate what it is to be a mother. Motherhood is love and I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment