Monday, May 16, 2011

A Bit of Everything!

Following Mother's Day, our week was very busy. Monday was stormy and I had invited the neighborhood over for a block party. It rained on and off, but I really couldn't find another day this month to change it to, so instead of having the party outside, we held it indoors. It was cozy but I am so glad we did it! We had some really HUGE tortillas (from Carolina's restaurant in Phoenix, AZ)that we used to make giant burritos and had all the fixings for taco salad. YUM!!! There was also jello salad, a macaroni salad and butterscotch cookies and caramel corn too. All but one of our neighbors came and everyone who came seemed to enjoy themselves - I know my family and I did!

Kristi had an achievement day activity on Tuesday and learned how to decorate a cake. I was so impressed with the cake she decorated that I took a picture.




Wednesday night there were three end of the year concerts. Cari and Trevon had a band concert.





You will notice Cari playing the flute in the black dress on the very front row. Trevon played the baritone (like a small tuba) and sat two rows behind Cari toward the center of the band. Earlier that day he had his braces removed. His teeth look "pretty" but he had a difficult time playing without braces (similar to his struggle after getting braces put on).





I ran from the band concert to Kristi's orchestra concert.



As usual, I enjoyed it very much.

In one of her songs, An Irish Party in Third Class, they danced while they played. That was fun to watch.







Cari had a choir concert going on at the same time as the orchestra concert and I wasn't able to be there for that one. Cari did receive an award for "All-Around Musician" and also lettered in band.

On Friday, Cari went to Lagoon (amusement park) with her senior class. She took some pictures but not one included her, so I opted to leave those pictures out of this posting. She had a great time riding the roller-coasters with her friends. She came home with a nice sun-burn too.

At home, Mike and I spent the day getting ready for the ward's annual Fathers and Sons activity. Mike was in charge of the dinner and so we spent the morning shopping. Then, as he got packed up and ready to go, I ran some errands as I was hosting a Mother/Daughter activity at our house that night. At the Mother/Daughter activity we made flower hair clips; painted our fingernails; made ice-cream sundaes; had a treasure hunt (for candy bars) and watched the movie "Tangled" under the stars with popcorn. It was a fun evening for the girls.



Mike, Trevon, Cameron and Corban had a great time on Kolob for Father's and Sons. Here are a few pictures:










The boys returned home on Saturday. On Sunday, Cari was welcomed into the Relief Society.




I was asked to share a little about Cari and of course, shed some tears. She is a wonderful daughter and I'm thankful to be her mother. She will miss being a part of the Young Women group now that she is an "adult." I assured her that R.S. is great and can be just as much fun too - especially in a college-ward!

1 comment:

  1. We just welcomed our graduating young women this last Sunday too. I like the idea of having the Mom say something about the daughter. I'll have to remember that for next year. :) I just can't believe Cari is graduating! Thanks for the announcement! Where is she going to school? I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. It's just crazy that our kids have grown up so fast!

    Looks like you had a great mother's day. Funny, Dallin gave me the MoM Moment game also. :)

    ReplyDelete