Sunday, May 8, 2011

Anne of Green Gables

Sadie's Middle School put on the play "Anne of Green Gables" this past week. Sadie played the part of the grown-up Anne. She did a great job. Below are a few clips of her performance. In the first one, I see some resemblance to her great grandma (Mary).


I helped gather some of the props that were needed for the play and spent a day making rocks for one scene. I had cut out cardboard and shaped boxes to look like rocks. Then, with a paper mache, I covered the rocks and painted them. Sadie's teacher (the director) decided to cut the scene and so the rocks were never used. I am hoping that they will eventually find their way to a play that needs them. Sadie asked me to sew four skirts for the play as well. It was good to help, but I must say that I am glad the school activities are winding down, and that summer break will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment