Thanksgiving was also Mike's birthday. I thought that having cake and ice cream after pie was a little much, so we decided to celebrate Mike's birthday a day late!
For our Thanksgiving dinner we had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, candied yams, corn, peas, green salad, cranberry jello salad, rolls, and grape juice.
Mike carved the turkey.
It was about 18 degrees out when we woke on Thanksgiving morning. The yard was covered in leaves. The temperature rose to about 36 degrees after we ate and we decided to rake the yard. It was one way to work off our feast! Trevon insisted that we have a "turkey bowl" and so we played football too.
It was girls against the boys.....I think we ended in a tie!
We played for about an hour. Corban was voted our MVP!
Then, we went inside and had pie (pumpkin & pecan) and ice cream before watching Toy Story 3.
On Friday, I made a double chocolate fudge cake for Mike's birthday. I grated a chocolate candy bar and covered the cake with the shavings. For dinner I made a meat burrito filling with some elk roast, that we used for mega burritos (Mike's birthday dinner request).
I know the candles look like "4-1-1," but he's much much younger than that!
We sang happy birthday and gave Mike some cards and gifts.
He enjoyed all of his gifts, including a new Daiwa fishing reel. It should last him the rest of his life!
No comments:
Post a Comment