
He excitedly delivered invitations to his friends and then waited for his special day to arrive. He would say, "Three days, mom." Then it was, "Two days until my birthday." It FINALLY got here!
I made him a lemon cake (he requested either strawberry or lemon) and frosted it to look like a big LEGO.
When his friends arrived, they were each asked to build something using LEGOs. They were all very creative and it was a perfect gathering activity as his guests arrived.

When they finished building, I had them look at fourteen pictures that were taped to the wall, each representing a different LEGO product. They had to match the name of the product to the pictures on the wall.
We played a couple of games with balloons. For one of the games, they had to pass a BIG balloon around using only their elbows.
Cameron opened his presents....
.... and then we sang Happy Birthday and ate cupcakes with Strawberry Swirl ice cream.
He seemed to enjoy the attention he was being given!
After eating, I gave each child some sugar cubes, candies and frosting to "build" with. They came up with some "sweet" ideas!
Using games found in Cameron's LEGO magazines, I made each child four pages of games, tucked into two sheet protectors, along with a dry-erase marker for continued LEGO fun. As kids waited for parents to pick them up, we played a "Don't Eat Pete" game using the LEGO pictures from the previous matching game. (Saying "Let go of my LEGO," seemed a little harder than "Don't eat Pete!".)
He had a fun party and so did his friends.
NOTE: Before the party, I taped five LEGO product pictures on to the front door. As a child came to the door, I had Cameron wait a few seconds before answering....giving them time to look at the pictures. Then, after they were in the house, I asked them to tell me as many of the pictures they remembered seeing on the front door (for a prize).
Our family ate at Wendy's for dinner to continue celebrating.
Then, we went home for more cake and ice cream....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON! We love you very much!
Cameron enjoyed the wishes his grandparents gave him as well. At breakfast he asked to open his birthday card. It was a nice start to his special day. He also enjoyed the phone calls he received. Thank you for loving and caring for Cameron. He loves you very much! He will be getting baptized on December 4th and looks forward to his most special day yet!
That was one rockin' party! -Such great ideas!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Cameron!!! I bet he is SO excited for the 4th!!!!!!!