Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy SEVENTEEN!!!

Cari is officially seventeen this week. We wanted to celebrate with her, but she ended up working all night. She didn't want to change her schedule because so much was going on every other day (including a band concert). I was hosting "lunch group" on her birthday, so I decided to make it a birthday celebration. I hung a happy birthday banner out front and decorated with streamers inside. I made taco salad fixin's for lunch and made her a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. She said that was her favorite kind of cake. It was a marathon of a morning. Just after 11am the "kids" came over, ate, sang Happy Birthday to Cari and had a slice of cake. I had ice cream in the freezer but there was just no time to dish it out before they all had to head back to school. I barely had enough time to frost the cake. It was a quick celebration, but it was something!



She received cards and money from her grandparents that she greatly appreciated. Gas and car insurance aren't cheap and she is learning the value of spending wisely. After school, she came home to a lovely bouquet of flowers sent from her Grandpa Peter. She has really enjoyed her flowers.



Grandma Connie sent her a beautiful necklace, complete with her favorite colors!
I took her shopping for some clothes later in the week. She knows what she doesn't like, and when she finds something she does like, she only wants one of it. We didn't come home with much, but it was nice to spend time together, just mom and daughter. She will also be treated to a dinner at the Olive Garden (her choice) with just her parents!!! Cari is a beautiful young lady and we are so pleased to have her in our family. She has been such a help and a joy and we love her very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment