Mike and I joined the Southern Utah Heritage Choir and had our first concert Friday night (and our second concert on Saturday night)! We have enjoyed this experience and are happy we have been able to do so. Our director, Floyd Rigby, does a wonderful job at leading and inspiring the choir. Nancy Allred is an amazing pianist too. The mission of the choir is to bring people closer to the Savior Jesus Christ through music.
I have to say that the "dresses" are NOT my favorite thing...definitely NOT flattering in the least! I heard one of the ladies refer to them as "blue tents."
We sang twelve different songs at the concert: Canticle of Praise, Sure On This Shining Night, Dirait-on, Die Nachtigal, He Watching Over Israel, Danny Boy, This Is My Father's World, I Hear A Voice A-Prayin', A Child's Prayer, Amen, Kyrie and Festival Sanctus. Four of the songs were in languages other than English (French, German and Latin).
Below is part of the song I Hear A Voice A-Prayin'.
I Do Now
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment