Friday, December 24, 2010

Week in Review



While at the city's Christmas Tree festival, I was approached about accompaning a singing group on my flute. "Grace Notes" were scheduled to do a performance at the Tabernacle and wanted my help with their opening number. I was happy to help and enjoyed being able to play for them (It has been a few years since I've played my flute; usually I give Cari every opportunity to do so, and on this night she was unavailable.). Thankfully, the music was not hard to learn. I was excited about playing in the St. George Tabernacle and wouldn't mind doing it again sometime! The video is a little hard to hear and I think it sounds more like I'm playing a trumpet than a flute, but still included it below. The song was "What Star is This." You can hear what the song sounds like "here."



On Wednesday evening, Cameron earned his Bobcat award at pack meeting. I pinned a pin onto his shirt (while he was held upsidedown). When turned right-side-up, Cameron's pin was upsidedown. After doing a good deed, he was able to turn it right-side-up.





Now, I'll sew this patch onto his uniform and Cameron will continue to work on requirements to earn his wolf badge. He loves being in Cub Scouts!



Mike and I finished some last minute "fun" shopping for Christmas and then, he laid "Chunk," one of our roosters, to rest. Trevon helped him with the particulars. Our plan is to have ham and "Chunk" with our Christmas dinner. That doesn't sound really appetizing, but we have a good dinner planned.





They cleaned up the bird nicely....he sure looked bigger with his feathers on! We're sure to have a more "silent night" tonight with this rooster gone. That may be a gift to some of our neighbors tomorrow morning (I wonder if they'll notice)!
We've been enjoying our time together as a family. I love being able to spend the whole day together in celebration of our Savior's birth. Just being together makes it a special time and I know these years will pass all too soon!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment