Cameron's second grade class put on the play, "Bob Humbug" on Thursday. Cameron's name was drawn to play the main character and he did a terrific job! He had speaking parts and also sang a song. The hardest part for him was to make a frown and look grumpy (playing "Bob") while his mom was looking at him with a big smile!
In summary, the play was about an elf who was in charge of the toy dump, where broken toys ended up. This job made him grumpy. When production comes to a halt at Santa's toy factory, Bob has an idea to repair the broken toys and works through the night doing so. When the elves find him at the factory sleeping, they see he has a smile on his face. No longer grumpy, but with purpose, Bob is happy ever after!
Cameron brought home ideas for his costume and when I gave him some tights to wear, he really protested! He did NOT want to wear them, and when the play was over, he was happy to be rid of them!
On Friday night, I sang with the Hurricane Valley Choir at a Christmas concert. I currently lead my ward choir and I wanted the opportunity to do some singing (instead of leading). It added to my celebrating of the season and it was nice to switch places with my kids for a change, having them in the audience!
No comments:
Post a Comment