we woke up to rain,
but excitement for the holiday
was felt just the same.
I awoke early
and went for a run;
then mixed up some JELLO
for our evening fun.
I drove to the tabernacle
and practiced my flute -
as accompaniment for
a great singing group.
(Tuesday night
will be the performance;
at seven I'll play,
then, join the audience).
At home the children
scrubbed and cleaned;
our usual weekend
household scene.
Then, while the kids
watched a movie and played,
I got on the computer
and began typing away -
I finished my notes
for Sunday's (choir) program,
and caught up the blog
just as right now I am.
I delivered some fliers
with Trevon and Kristi,
to remind friends and neighbors
of our evening [ward] party.
The little ones grew restless,
needing something to do -
so we made sugar cookies;
dough they rolled, squished and chewed (eeeewww)!
After taking their baths
and getting all ready -
with JELLO in hand
we went to the [ward] party.
We ate ham and potatoes
with salad and pie;
the kids presented a program
and sang from on high!
Remembering the Savior
with a nativity scene,
with angels and shepherds
we also did sing!
And then, to every
child's surprise,
a special guest saying,
"Ho, Ho, Ho," arrived.
He listened to each of
the little ones' wishes;
While the grown-ups did
the cleaning and dishes.
Then, off the city's
art center we rode -
to see there a live
nativity showed.
Trevon worked as
a "tech" helper there,
lighting the stage for
the characters there.
The spirit was felt and
my heart filled with joy,
remembering Christ's birth
of so long ago.
The day had been long,
but good tidings did bring -
The Saturday before Christmas,
full of celebrating!
You are pretty darn good at writing poems! Great story! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Shelly...with all the things you have going on, you still have time to write a cute poem?? You are amazing!! :)
ReplyDelete