I love Mother's Day. I love being a mom. I guess it helps that I have wonderful children who make my life so fulfilling. Today, I was awaken with breakfast in bed, made by "the boys." They served me a plate of scrambled eggs, hash browns, pancakes with blended strawberries, and the best, slushy cold orange juice! It was a delicious start to my day! After eating, they each presented me with their homemade cards and gifts. A rose, a paper bouquet, colored pictures, and this poem (by Cameron):
The important thing about my mom is...
She helps me.
She gives me stuff.
She takes me to the store.
She likes me.
But the most important thing about my mom is...
She helps me.
I love the homemade gifts! Mike wanted to get me a new nightgown, but I talked him into getting me a basketball instead. I want to learn how to really handle the ball well. Life is for learning, and this will be one of the things I choose to learn this year. Mike also surprised me with a new pair of Ray Ban sun glasses. WOW! I was thrilled. He said that because I "brighten his life," I needed them. He is such a good husband! We dressed and went to church after lunch. I sang "A Mother's Eyes Reflect the Love of Heaven" in our Sacrament Meeting. During Relief Society, I was given a bouquet of flowers, that had been used to decorate the table for our lesson, all because a hidden star was under my seat. Another pleasant surprise! The young men of our ward presented the ladies with pie and ice cream. I let Corban eat all of mine. We also received a gospel art book. We ate a roast that we had cooked in the crock pot when we returned home and I got a picture with my children, and the bouquet. They are so beautiful to me. I love being a mom!
Happy Mother's Day to a fabulous Mom!! Looks like you had a good one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great day. I love Mothers Day too.
ReplyDeleteShelly!! I LOVE it all! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day -you DESERVE it!! :) Love ya
ReplyDelete