Sunday, May 24, 2009

Joy School Graduation & Other Achievements




School is out for the summer! We are all pretty happy about the "break." Elise is really excited about starting kindergarten. At her Joy School Graduation, she sang four songs with her peers. Then she received a report card and a special certificate. I got a little choked up (not a big surprise), as I led the kids in their songs about joy. I've taught Joy School for the last three years, and now, I'm going to have a break, and miss it - until Corban is old enough to do it. This last week, I called the Elementary school principal, and nominated myself to sit on the School Community Council. They decide how to use bond monies for the school, among other things. If I am accepted, I'll serve on the council for a two year term.





All of our school aged children did very well at school this year. They really try to excel and do their best! I was pleased with their achievements. Cari and Trevon both received the Seminary Letter for the New Testament course of study as well. Sadie had a perfect 4.0 Grade Average. Her school voted her "Most Likely To Teach At H.I.S!" That's what the golden apple represents.




Along with the ending of school, we have fought the flu bug at our house. It seems to have started with Cameron. Elise and Corban came down with it next. We had Elise sleep outside our bathroom door one night so that she could quickly make it to the bathroom if she needed to. Thankfully, the worst of it only lasted a day. Unfortunately, its Mike's, Sadie's and my turn to go through the YUCKIES! Mike lost 4 1/2 lbs. overnight due to it all. We hope that by Monday we all have our strength back and can enjoy the coming week together as a family.

3 comments:

  1. Your liitle graduation looked fun. I bet you could get those kids to really sing out. They had a great teacher!

    4.0 That's great! I remember the day when I tried so hard to keep my 4.0. It was tough. Way to go!

    The flu bug hit our family as well. It got 4 out of 7, starting with me. That was not fun. I feel for you.

    Being a teacher is great! That golden apple award looked awesome. You go girl! Achieve those dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great update. Hope you are all having a great time on your camping trip. I look forward to seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Em W. (Sadie's Friend) I love your blog!! I'm so sorry about the flu! I really don't like the yuckies... they really are horrible!! Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete