They turned out great! Trevon painted a glass jar to look like a pumpkin and lit it up as well.
On Halloween day, the elementary school kids had class parties and a parade. I'm the room mom for Cameron's class and we had lots of fun. We played "Don't Eat the Creep," "Halloween Bingo," a matching game, "Ghost Bean-Bag Toss," had "Spider Races" and made a craft. I had two other games planned as well (a mummy making contest and one called "Halloween Hunt") but we just ran out of time!!! At the party, one of the kids put their costume on Corban...pretty scary looking! I preferred the little pumpkin inside.
Cameron went to put his costume on for the parade and realized he had Kristi's pants instead of his. I told him not to worry about it and that his shorts would be just fine. How he ended up with Kristi's pants is a mystery to me - but in the long run he lucked out because it was a really warm day.
There were two Dorothys in Elise's class. We saw Elise at the parade. She had a fun day as well.
Ready to trick-or-treat:
SURPRISE! Cari decided to come home for a few hours to help the kids trick-or-treat. We had pizza for dinner and then ALL of the kids went out together to have some Halloween fun.
Kristi borrowed this uniform for her costume:
Trevon got into the Halloween spirit too. As they took the kids trick-or-treating, he would linger behind and stand perfectly still near a house. Some people thought he wasn't real and even poked at him. Boy, did he surprise a few with his "BOO" as they walked up to collect candy. I think he really scared a few kids.
Cari had Sadie spray paint her hair fluorescent pink, as part of her crayon costume. She had so much fun being with her siblings. She ended up getting some candy of her own too. (Sadie quickly put on an apron and dressed as a waitress before going out with the rest of the kids - I didn't get a picture of her.)
Mike and I had the house to ourselves while the kids were out. Sometimes that in itself is a nice treat!
This morning when I went out for a jog, I expected to see a smashed pumpkin or two. To my surprise, I did not see a single smashed pumpkin! I think the fact that Halloween was on a weekday might have had something to do with it. Either that or I just live in the best neighborhood ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment