Cameron told me he didn't want breakfast in bed on his birthday, but he wanted to have pancakes and sausage for breakfast.
I didn't want him to get syrup on his clothes, so he put on an apron to eat his breakfast, and rolled up his sleeves. I placed signs around the kitchen and living room telling Cameron "Happy Birthday" and "We Love You," and such. He had a happy day.
After church, we gave Cameron some gifts. I put Cari's B-Day hat on him and he enjoyed turning the candles on and being the center of attention.
Kristi gave him a box of SweetTarts.
Papa and Grandma Beutler sent a sweet card with a birthday check. He was glad to open it.
He really wanted LEGOs and pointed out a few BIG ideas to me a few days before. We decided to give him clothes (including new shoelaces) and a LEGO Hero Factory figure. I was glad that he enjoyed everything he received. It was fun to see the enthusiasm of a NINE year old!
Cameron was called on the phone with birthday wishes from loved ones. For dinner, I put a deer roast in the crock pot with onions, carrots and potatoes. Trevon made sure we recognized this was his contribution to the birthday meal.
We had a green salad too. I love adding cabbage to my salads...mmmmmmm!
Cameron said that he wanted a lemon or strawberry flavored cake. Kristi chose a strawberry cake for him. I'm guessing he won't have too many "pink" cakes in his lifetime. We spread nine candles across the cake.
We sang him the "Happy Birthday" song...
...and watched him blow out the candles!
The next day, Cameron wore his new clothes (laces and all) to school.
After school, he checked the mail and opened a gift from Connie. He has enjoyed this GIANT checkers set, and the fact that his birthday lasted a little longer.
The day after that, Grandpa & Grandma Ferrin sent a card too. I think the picture below tells his feelings about that pretty well! He had a great birthday. Thank you to all who made it special, and thank you to Cameron for being a special part of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment