He asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary. He took a few vacation days from work and suggested we do some shopping, go out to eat, maybe take a little trip, etc. with a certain amount of money he had set aside. As fun as that might be, I thought I had a better idea...to paint the stairwell, insert a hand-rail and decorate a wall. What could be more fun than working together? Mike was quick to warm up to the idea and so that's what we did.
The stairwell is one of those places that gets a lot of traffic at our house, and it was showing it. I really wanted to clean it up with some fresh paint. We often have family come to visit us and I wanted the stairs to be safer to descend as well. So, we shopped for paint, wood, stain and decore. I was so excited about our "project" that it was a really fun anniversary celebration for me. We worked well together and the end result is beautiful to me!
We still went out to dinner, but the best part was just being able to spend time together. This morning, the kids woke early to make us breakfast in bed. They served waffles, eggs, toasted bagel, fresh peaches and orange juice. MMMmmmm!
We exchanged letters to each other expressing our love for one another too. It's nice to take a moment and think about all the things you LOVE about your spouse. I think just doing that causes one to grow in their love for the other. I thought my "note" sounded really mushy, but it was all true and Mike seemed to really enjoy it. I enjoyed the words he wrote to me and I'm sure I'll read them again from time to time. It was a very Happy Anniversary for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment