I love working outside in the yard. It seems to be good for both the body and spirit. This past week we have been helping my neighbor prune his peach orchard. There was (and still is) quite a bit of dead growth that needed to be trimmed off of the trees. We got a good start on it.
On Friday morning, after trimming an hour or so, Mike came into the house calling for me. I didn't think anything was serious, so I took my time getting to him. When I found him, he showed me a gash on the top of his head that he received as a limb had dropped on his head! Luckily I've had previous experience in such matters. Though a good gash, because of being in the hair, on the head, it could be left alone to heal on its own. We cleaned most of the blood off of his pounding head and soon he was out trimmimg again! I wanted him to put on a hard hat after that!
Our kids and I took turns helping to move the cut limbs into a row between the trees. It was fun working together outside and the trees are looking so much better. I was really happy that the weather was just right for working outside.
Cameron made a "fort" in the middle of the trimmings.
Kristi was a GREAT worker!
I found an old nest in one of the trees:
No comments:
Post a Comment