More music this week, like last! Sadie participated in the county school district's honor orchestra this past Friday and Saturday. Saturday night, we attended the concert. The songs chosen for this concert centered around the theme of "water." Each of the middle school orchestra teachers in our district directed the orchestra in a number. Here, Sadie's school teacher, Mrs. Thornton, leads them in playing America's Cup (Silva).
They also played Song of the Sea Mariner (Newbold), Over the Waves (Longfield), Riversong (Sharp), Ice Sculptures (Balmages), and Pirates of the Carribean (Badelt/Rickets). The Pirates song was Sadie's favorite to play and I really enjoyed watching the conductor, Suzanne Czamecki, as she led.
Here is a really short clip from Pirates:
Earlier in the week I took a picture of Corban "helping" me as I worked on making dinner. He had seen me grabbing some spices and wanted to add some (all of them) to the pot as well!
He pushed a stool over to the counter and climbed on top. I looked up to see him there. Nothing is out of his reach these days; if he thinks it, he can do it (so he thinks!). When Cari did such things I would jump real quick.....now days, I still jump, but not quite so quickly (I grab the camera).....
He kindly had rearranged the spices; stacking them too....something I hadn't thought to do.
Hungry kids stop their play time for a snack before dinner time. Mmmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment