Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Week

I have to admit that I am happy to see October pass by and November arrive. That is one of the first blessings I count. Halloween always makes for a busy time when there are children about: needing costumes, having parties, giving concerts, etc. This past week wore me out!
For family night we carved pumpkins. I also worked on sewing Sadie a Halloween costume.



Tuesday Elise had a costume party for her dance class and that night Sadie and Cari had a costume party with their young women's group for church. Sadie went as a porceline doll and Cari as a fairy.







On Thursday night Sadie had a school orchestra halloween concert. Friday, I was in charge of Elise's class party. That night, Sadie played with ZYSO at the Southwest Symphony Orchestra's SPOOKTACULAR Concert.





Her friend Jennifer joined us for the concert and presented her with some yellow carnation flowers afterwards.





On Saturday morning, Cari, Sadie, Cameron and I headed over to the elementary school for a fun run (fundraiser). I entered the "Freeky" 5K race, and the kids ran the "Monster" Mile. Cameron also ran in a "Spooky" Sprint race. We had a good time, but it took up all of our morning.



Cari won first place for her age group in the mile; Cameron won second place in his age group, coming in 12th place overall. Sadie and I both placed third in our age group. We were each pleased to earn an award. It was a fun way to get in some exercise.






On Saturday night,the kids dressed up once again for trick-or-treating and the older ones, for a youth Halloween dance.





Sadie was costumed out and went without dressing up. Trevon was an Umpire; Kristi, Little Red Riding Hood; Cameron, Robin Hood; Elise, Pocohontas; and Corban, a hot sweaty chicken! Mike and I chaperoned the dance and decided to dress up as well. He was a wizard and I went as a witch. Corban wasn't sure of what to think of his mom's
new look!









1 comment: