Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Big FOUR O



I made it into the 40's club this past week....and am TRYING to be happy about it! I had a great day. Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday.
It was rainy and cloudy, but I managed to run 4 miles. I wanted to run at leat "4" since I was now 40. It felt good. I set a goal for myself a couple of months back. It was to weigh a certain amount by my birthday. When I weighed myself, I was a pound under. That made my day! It was my first gift, and a pleasant surprise at that!

I was able to go to lunch with two of my good friends (Malinda & Connie). They keep me motivated to rise early and exercise during the week.

Mike took care of dinner. He bought pizza, and went to Wendy's as well so that I would have one of my favorite salads. It was very thoughtful of him.

My family gave me a "surprise" party after going to a band and choir concert. When I walked into the house, the kids jumped out amongst a bunch of balloons and streamers. It was so fun! Instead of a cake, I blew my candles out on top of a fruit bowl. Knowing that I prefer to eat healthy, they treated me to fruit with ice cream.



I really enjoyed the gifts they shared with me. I was given some stainless steel water bottles, music from the Tabernacle choir, and an iPod nano. TOTALLY UNEXPECTED! The older kids put their money together and bought it for me. They even got me an arm band accessory so that I can run with it if I want. I was so surprised and delighted. Mike took some pictures, but I lost some of them when I transfered them to the computer. I'm glad that these remain.





I look forward to this coming year. I am going to work to have an attitude of gratitude, among other things. It was especially nice to view General Conference just before this birthday. It helped me reflect on my blessings and encouraged me to move forward and work to improve myself in the areas I need to! I'm greatful for the gift of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Next to my family, it brings me the greatest joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment