This past week, my mom and step-dad, two of my sisters (and their kids) AND my brother with his family, came to visit and do temple work. It was nice to be together this week. Nicer still, were the sweet feelings we shared while we worked on genealogy and learned about our ancestors and their families. I thought I had a big family, but many of our great grandparents had a dozen or so children! We spent four days going to the temple and doing their work there. I have to say, this was one of the best weeks of my life.
I was reminded of the important things. I love my family and am so glad we were able to be together this past week. We are each looking forward to our next meeting together in the summer, when my other sister will be with us as well. I think one of the things I've recognized recently is that you are as close as you choose to be with your family. If I make the effort to keep in touch and be a part of a family member's life then they WILL be a greater part of my life. Reaping what we sow comes to mind. Serving others helps us love them too.
On Monday night, I pulled out some of my nativity costumes and we sang about the Christmas story.
Thomas and Cameron had a great time together, wrestling and playing. We all had fun!
We made a cake to celebrate Bodie and Thomas' upcoming birthdays.
The whole week was "heavenly" and I have to say, the house is much too quiet now! I miss having everyone here. Family is a wonderful blessing in each of our lives!
WOW Shelly! That is SO fantastic! What a wonderful week for you and your family. How neat to work together on geneology and temple work. What a great bonding experience! And looks like you had a great Thanksgiving as well. How fun to go to Provo! Corban is such a cutie. 2 hu? Time for another one?? :) I would have to agree that his cake looked like frosted animal crackers. Funny, my 2 oldest are asking for those for Christmas. :) By the way Shelly, you look really great!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to have that time with your family! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time together.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a cute family!
ReplyDelete