Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ready for Christmas!

This week Sadie performed in a Zion Youth Symphony Orchestra Christmas concert, and Cari and Trevon were in a band concert. I loved listening to their music!!! I sang a fun song called, "Christmas Chopsticks" (by Fred Heider)with my friend Amy, at a Relief Society cookie exchange. The song is based on the famous poem, "The Night Before Christmas," by Clement C. Moore. I ended up with about 3 dozen cookies, and I dropped them off at home before heading to the band concert.



When I got home, I discovered that we have a COOKIE MONSTER named Corban living at our house. He wanted to make sure the cookies didn't go to waste. They've gone to "waist" all right - - - MY WAIST! Time to practice some self control AGAIN!



The week was also filled with school Christmas parties and a ward Christmas party. After a yummy roast beef meal (including red and green Jello), Cari and Sadie sang "Mary's Lullaby" in the Nativity program and the primary children sang many other Christmas songs.



Cameron was one of many shepherds in the scene.



Kristi and Elise were angels. The children made a beautiful Nativity scene that helped us all to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas: The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.



Santa Clause dropped in to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS too!









Today I led the ward choir in our Christmas program for Sacrament Meeting. Again, it was moving to reflect on the wonderful gift and example our Savior is. My testimony of His life and mission was strengthened as beautiful music was sung and word spoken.
We truly have a Heavenly Father who loves us, and who sent His son to save us all.

One of my favorite of the songs the choir sang was "Lowly Places." The lyrics remind us that to "follow the Savior," we first must find Him. If we seek Him, I know we will find Him. I hope that this week as we celebrate His birth, we will draw nearer to Him and recognize His hand in each of our lives.

LOWLY PLACES

Look for Him in lowly places,
where the lilies grow,
Where forgotten dreams are scattered,
Places only beggars know.

Seek Him where the children gather;
you may find Him there,
Walk beside the weary stranger
Listen for the sinners' prayer.

Spiring castles, sword and scepter,
He would disavow;
No robes of silk nor crown of glory
ever graced His sun-parched brow,

But in the valley of the lepers,
you could see His face,
loving eyes that heal the soul,
and bid the lame man walk away.

You can see His hand in every
kind and gentle thing.
Find yourself where He would walk
if you would find your King.

Find yourself
where He would walk
and you will find
the King of Kings.


Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment