Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July





Saturday morning I arose early and went on my daily walk. Holidays are no exception right? Actually, they're a greater incentive for me to exercise, knowing I'll probably be eating "GOOD" food! Trevon helped put out flags in the neighborhood. By 8:30AM we were watching the parade on Main Street. The kids enjoyed all the candy that was thrown.




After the parade, at the city park, a man loaded his "candy cannon" and shot candy out of it into the crowd of anxious bystanders.








Every holiday and parade the kids keep their eyes out for the "candy cannon." Back at home, the kids played Monopoly with Mike, while I finished reading a mystery novel. Then, they played in the hose to cool off before we had a BBQ. We rented the movie Inkheart, and after watching it, spent about an hour cleaning house, so it would be nice for Sunday. Trevon returned home from collecting flags and then we drove to a secluded spot to watch the fireworks. Corban didn't like watching them and turned his head away, saying "I no look." This past week we also learned lightning frightens him. It was a fun filled day. A nice way to end a week of vacation.













As we sang the Star Spangled Banner today at church, I couldn't help but get watery eyes as I thought about the wonderful blessing it is to live in America. I am so thankful for the many people who have given their lives for the freedoms I enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I sure am glad I am not the only one. Fortunately for me, I don't tear so it is hard for others to tell.

    ReplyDelete