It seems like this week has flown by. One single event doesn't stand out in my mind. Cari played {flute}in a Region Band Festival on Wednesday night; Trevon spent one afternoon working on his tennis with Mike; Sadie had a boy inquire of her whether or not she would be attending a dance at the end of the school year; Kristi and Cameron have both been working on science fair projects. Kristi attended a stake Achievement Day Camp; Cameron had his first T-ball practice and went to a fun birthday party; Elise went to the Kindergarten Round-Up (mainly for mom & dad) in preparation for the upcoming school year; Corban put two words together, "water hot." Cari and Sadie helped with a yard/bake sale for their young women organization. I could start over and add carpooling, piano lessons, and helping with homework (Trevon's Geometry). For the most part, every week is filled with these little things. Thank goodness they usually don't take place at the same time! Mike & I still made time for our Friday night out together (dinner and a movie). The best part being, the time we had to just talk with each other without interruptions (I think the cell phone rang . . . twice)!
I was the substitute chorister in Primary today at church. The children are learning a song that brought tears to my eyes.
It is called "The Family Is of God," by Mattthew Neeley. The words to this song express what a family is to me (beginning with our Heavenly home)-
Our Father has a family. It's me! It's you, all others too: we are His children. He sent each one of us to earth, through birth, To live and learn here in families.
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be - This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God.
A father's place is to preside, provide, To love and teach the gospel to his children. A father leads in family prayer to share Their love for Father in Heaven. God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be - This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God.
A mother's purpose is to care, prepare, To nurture and to strengthen all her children. She teaches children to obey, to pray, To love and serve in the family. God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be - This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God.
I'll love and serve my family and be A good example to each family member. And when I am a mom or dad, so glad, I'll help my family remember:
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be - This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God.
Isn't that such a great song? I love it. It's Dallin's favorite too. He loves listening to it on CD. It has such a catchy tune. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts aboutthe song. That really is what families should be about. I feel as though sometimes we are asked to do things, not to serve others, but so that we may learn and gain for ourselves. I am glad that you experienced what you did.
ReplyDeleteYou week sounded busy, yet fun.