Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Egg"cellent Easter


We are so thankful for this special time of the year, as we reflect on the life of Jesus Christ. We are grateful for the love He has for each of us. He gave His life for us and was resurrected. We know that He made it possible for all of us to be resurrected and keep our bodies forever. As part of our Easter celebration, we colored Easter eggs, Saturday night. The kids love to create by mixing and dipping into a variety of colors. This year, we had almost every one of our mugs filled with a color of dye. Mike supervised most of the time, helping the kids as needed. We ended up with about 14 colored eggs (That's two for each child)!




























The Easter Bunny visited, leaving baskets of candy scattered about the house: up, down and all around. The kids love playing this kind of hide-and-seek game! Corban said, "candy" when he saw what was inside the baskets. I had no idea he could say that word! Everyday he seems to say something new.













































Easter stands for new life and so we like to get new dresses for our daughters! The girls each enjoyed their new dresses. Feeling like a princess, Elise said, "Just call me Genivene!" That is a princess from Barbie's Twelve Dancing Princesses movie.







We had a wonderful church meeting and I led the church choir in singing four different songs. During the last song, Elise made her way to the podium area and danced her way over to Mike, who was singing in the back row of the choir! I guess she just couldn't resist dancing to "I Stand All Amazed" in her beautiful new dress! Mike, Cari, Trevon and Sadie all sing in the church choir, so it was easy for Elise to slip out of her pew and join everyone up front!
After church, we had eight people join us for an Easter dinner at our home. Our guests work with Mike in the Costco Tire Center. It was nice meeting Mike's co-workers and celebrating this special day with them!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your Easter was a beautiful one. Your children look as beautiful as ever. The girls in their dresses...darling. Isn't Easter such a wonderful time to reflect upon our Savior and the love that he has for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Easter! I'm sure the Choir sounded great!!!

    Everyone looks so good!! I love reading your blog - I always try to comment, but it never works -so I am trying this using a different server....

    Love ya -

    Are you going to do "the challenge" with us!? c'mon!

    ReplyDelete