There's another teenager in the house! Our kids just seem to get older by the minute (I guess they do!). Yesterday was our town's annual PEACH DAYS celebration
and Kristi's birthday. We went to the parade in the morning. Cari came down for the weekend festivities.
After the parade, Kristi helped me with making her birthday cake, and then I took her out for her birthday. We went to
Kneaders for lunch and she ordered a Croissant Cranberry Turkey Sandwich (I had a Veggie Avacado Sandwich.); both were delicious. Then, I took her to Desert Book and she picked out a nice CTR (Choose The Right) ring. We went shopping for a dress next and she found a nice black one that she will be able to wear for her choir and orchestra performances throughout the year. You need black shoes to go with a black dress, so next we bought her her first pair of high heels. Voila! What a beautiful girl - inside and out!
I enjoyed the time we were able to spend together. She requested Taco Soup for dinner. After singing
Happy Birthday, we enjoyed some Carrot Cake and Vanilla Ice Cream and then she opened up her cards and presents.
Kristi really likes pigs. Her sisters bought her a stuffed animal and she was so happy when she opened this gift that she almost cried. I couldn't believe it - she was
so very crazy happy about it. I've never seen her so excited...I realized she is right smack in the middle of being a kid and an adult right now.
The day ended in fireworks and we were able to watch them from our front porch. A parade AND fireworks on her birthday! That makes for an extra special day!
Oh, and this little visitor that slid on by...
Happy Birthday Kristi!! I think it is so great that the whole city celebrated in your honor!! What a fun day!
ReplyDelete