I feel like my Mother's day began on Saturday because Mike had off of work and our family was able to spend the day together. To me, Mother's days are family days. The boys got home from their activity and washed the cars. Then we loaded up and headed to St. George to watch Cameron play soccer.
WHAT A CAR FULL!!!
It was a HOT day, and I ended up getting a little sunburned. We really enjoyed the game, and then we went to Costco to do a little shopping. Before heading home we went to dinner together at Costa Vida.
On Sunday morning, Mike made me breakfast in bed.
Fruit, yogurt, and almonds with some freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. The flowers were a nice garnish and it was fun to wake up to such a treat.
I love Mike and our children. They are so great and make being a mother pretty easy. I feel very blessed to have each of them in my life. They shared gifts from the heart with me and I felt pretty special on this Mother's Day.
Mike and I sang with the Southern Utah Heritage Choir this evening at the St. George Tabernacle for a fireside that was a tribute to mothers. President Clifford V. Dunn shared a message between songs and I especially liked it. I was able to reflect on the wonderful mothers in my life, and recognize that while not perfect, I too can be a good mother to those in my care. I left wanting to be a better person, and thankful for the opportunity to do so, especially as a mother. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment