Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SENIOR PROM

Saturday, April 21st, was PROM. Trevon took Kayla Dennett. He and his friends decided they wanted to use our backyard for their dinner before the dance. That meant a lot of work for us, still it sure is nice to have a clean yard, a washed car and even some leftovers in the fridge. Do you think things could just stay that way until graduation? Trevon had ten couples participate in this group date. They decided to have a pickle ball tournament in the middle of the day. He got the equipment he needed (racquets and balls) from the city. The boys bought all of the fixin's to make sandwiches (on French bread loaves), and brought plenty of water too. Trevon made a playing bracket poster for them to follow so that by the end of their games they had an official winner. He had a fun time. I was hoping that he would make it home to help arrange the backyard for the dinner, but he arrived with less than an hour to get ready before picking up his date for dinner and the dance. His date lives about a half hour from our house, so he spent about four hours just driving back and forth. When everyone arrived, they first gathered in the orchard to take pictures.
We had the tables set just in time! I used the colors red, white and black.
I made white cloth napkins with a napkin holder that said "PROM 2012" on it. I made black place mats with a red center. Sadie and Kristi put Skittles candy in a party favor. I made twenty different masquerade masks that I placed in glass vases (with colored string beads at the bottom of them) that were a fun addition to the table. The prom was a masquerade dance this year.
I also put a cup of rice in a some mason jars, each with a votive candle, and put red scrunchies on the top for color. These candles were lit on the tables and added nicely to the ambiance.

Trevon hung lights on the gazebo that added a nice touch. Everyone seemed to enjoy the dinner. Classical Disney violin music played softly over the speakers. Mike, Sadie, Kristi and her friend Rachel Morgan helped to serve dinner. Cameron helped too. Mike and I stayed busy making and dishing out the food in the kitchen.
Kayla and Trevon enjoying their evening. Trevon's tie matched her dress perfectly.
The boys decided on the menu and divided it up pretty evenly. I was responsible for making the main dish, as dinner was at our house. They were served a salad first. Next came rolls and a chicken noodle soup. Trevon said some of the girls were full at this point. For the main course, we served Parmesan Chicken (with a cream sauce), a mushroom rice pilaf, and broccoli. After that, each was given a brownie with a scoop of ice cream, drizzled in chocolate sauce. I'm full just thinking about it. The dance was held at the Dixie State College Ballroom in St. George. Trevon said that he had a fun time. I spent the rest of the night cleaning up everything, right up until the time he got home!

1 comment:

  1. This was so pretty!! Don't you love being involved in the details of their dates? You are an amazing mom!!!

    ReplyDelete