Wednesday, August 17, 2011

TOMATOES!!!

Our garden has been full of tomatoes and I was beginning to feel guilty that I had not canned them or put any of them away yet. We have been busy, but Saturday proved to be the perfect day to show my girls how to blanch tomatoes (remove the skins) and preserve them. They were a BIG help. We used some of the jars Papa had given us and stewed some of our tomatoes, and then made salsa with the remainder tomatoes. It felt so good to teach my girls something new while working with them to prevent waste. I'm thankful for the crop we were given and hope that as more tomatoes grow, we "can" do our part to use them up! 





WOW! Look at all the garlic that goes into making salsa! The girls were a big help with peeling these too!


The salsa turned out GREAT! We used jalepeno peppers from our garden as well. (Now, if only we could grow our own chips! Chips and salsa are so yummy together!)



No comments:

Post a Comment