On Monday, Mike, Trevon and I headed back to Zion National Park for some hiking. We wanted to hike the Hidden Canyon trail and so we did, along with the River Walk trail.
To reach the Hidden Canyon trail, we took the shuttle bus to the Weeping Rock stop and then found a map that pointed us in the right direction. The hike up to the canyon was beautiful and in the shade. Still, my heart was a fast and steady beat as we had an uphill climb the whole way.
Some parts of the trail required some manuvering, were sandy and slippery, and there were chains attached to the canyon wall for safety.
I felt like a mountain goat at times!
We reached a sign in the hidden canyon warning us that continuing on would require "scrambling." Well, I was with Mike and Trevon, so of course, we continued on....and I SCRAMBLED! It was good scrambling though, and we really enjoyed ourselves.
Trevon was a mountain goat - in the canyon, he climbed along a wall - until I told him to get down!
Beautiful ferns grew on the shaded canyon walls.
I would consider this hike a strenuous one, but beautiful and I would definitely do it again. As we headed back down the trail, the sun started to shine on us and I felt bad for those just going up. If you hike this trail, go in the morning while it is shady.
Before heading home, we walked the River Walk, and looked at the Virgin River. It was a raging. We really enjoyed our morning together and I was once again, thankful to live so near to this beautiful retreat, Zion National Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment