"In your journal list talents that you have and others that you would like to develop. Read Matthew 25:14-30. Learn a new skill or talent that will help you care for your own future family or home (for example, playing the piano, singing, budgeting, time management, cooking, sewing, or child care). Share with your family, class or Young Women leader what you have learned."

Sadie decided she wanted to learn how to make bread. I taught her how, having her watch me one day. Then, a few days later, I had her help me make it. Monday she made it all by herself. She shared her new found knowledge with her family and a few neighbors, letting them watch as she worked. The bread turned out great! She decided to make cinnamon bread by adding cinnamon to the dough before shaping it into the loaves. It was delicious!
I am so thankful for the experiences that she is having as she works on her Personal Progress. I especially like the opportunity it provides for mother and daughter to spend quality time together. I LOVE it!
Wow! What beautiful bread! Congrats! I have shown Jileigh a couple of times, but I can't quite get her to do it.
ReplyDelete