The past few days have been filled with fun and excitement. On Thursday evening, our international exchange student arrived from Japan. We went to the college to pick her up. As we waited for the students to arrive, I was nervous and anxious. I didn't know what to expect of this experience. The group of children entered the room and I immediately filled with emotion (to tears). You'd have thought I was there to adopt a new baby! Each of the dark haired children (ages 9-18) were BEAUTIFUL! I loved them as soon as I saw them. It was a revelation to me of how our Heavenly Father loves his children; each and EVERY one of us; unique in our own ways. We are each beautiful in our own way, and I was able to see that - OUT LOUD! We were the first ones called to meet our new family member, Nanami. She doesn't speak very much English, but seems to be able to understand what I write on paper for her. She has a great dictionary that I have also used to communicate with her a little.

Nanami is twelve years old. She plays the piano and likes movies and animals. Her favorite sport is volleyball. She likes pineapple, but does not like cucumbers. She is from Kobe Japan. She brought special gifts for each member of our family. She also presented us with some goodies from her homeland. We have enjoyed everything she has shared with us.

I'm trying to decide on what gift we can give to her when it is time for her to return home, in three weeks. Nanami and Kristi spend the most time together. We have gone for a walk, played games together, celebrated Pioneer Day, taken her to church, and enjoyed getting to know her. She has a sweet laugh and we're so glad to be able to share our family life with her.
During her stay, she will attend ESL classes at Dixie college and participate in numerous field trips: museums, Fiesta Fun, horseback riding, shopping, water sports, sports, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and Zion National Park.
so cool. 12 seems so young, but what a great experience for her and you guys too!!
ReplyDelete