Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week in Review

Looking back at the calendar, I notice that my week was really a busy one. I tend to live one day at a time - moving on to the next day without looking back. Often if you ask me what I've been up to, I have to really THINK about it (or look at my calendar)! This past week we enjoyed lots of rainy weather. On Monday the kids had off school and Trevon decided he wanted to build our dogs a dog house. He worked on it the entire day.





I loved watching him work and figure out what cuts he needed to make. I had to marvel again about how much he is like his dad. I'm glad he likes to work with his hands and make things; especially things for others. That night, the dogs slept inside their new house that they watched Trevon build for them. The house still needs to be painted, but I think that will happen this week and then I will post a final picture.

Trevon was busy building inside too - just for fun. One night, after Mike and I returned home from our "date night," we found the kids in a ship, sailing in the depths of our basement. They had a fan blowing on their "sail boat," imagining all kinds of nautical tales - from pirates and such to Nephi's journey to the promised land.







Our family sang at the Beehive Home today. That is a nursing home in our community, and we took part in their church services, providing a musical number. If you're wondering what else we did this last week: basketball (Cari & Sadie); Literacy Night (Kristi, Cameron & Elise); Junior class registration (Trevon); Class helper and carpooling (me); Costco work party (Mike & Shelly - boy can Mike "dance!"; Potty training (Corban); Especially For Youth (Cari, Sadie & Trevon); I ran three miles; saw EXTRORDINARY MEASURES (it was okay); and so on and so forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment