This past week has been filled with many various activities - including Mike's first elk hunting success (we'll have something in the freezer this winter). I'm actually planning to do some hunting myself this season; deer hunting. I'm not sure how I really feel about that. Part of me wants to be a rough & tough gal, capable of such a thing. Another part of myself prefers to have nothing to do with it. I'm only interested in putting some meat in the freezer (the kind that's perfect for a Sunday Crock Pot dinner). I've taken a Hunter Safety course, and like to target practice, but it has been my experience that I have a hard time eating what I kill. Once Mike and I killed a chicken and cooked it up, and I just didn't have the stomach to eat it. I never looked at "chicken" the same way again. One things for sure, the experience will be a challenge for me.
Speaking of challenges, I LOVE the wellness challenge I have been doing. My sister started the first challenge in January and we are currently doing it again. It lasts for 12 weeks at a time and makes a body feel good! It has been helpful to me in many different areas. It consists of ten daily habits that are done each day to have an overall "wellness." Each week, you can have a free day if you choose to use it. The daily habits are as follows:
1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep
(This is my biggest challenge of the challenge!);
2. Drink at least 48 oz. of water;
3. Get 45 minutes of exercise;
4. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables;
5. No sweets or sugar;
6. No eating after dinner or 8pm;
7. No soda or bad fast food (fried foods);
8. Have 15 minutes of scripture study;
9. Write in your journal (any length);
10. Express sincere appreciation to your spouse or another person if single.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago
The wellness challenge is great!
ReplyDeleteWow Shelly! Hunting hu? Sounds interesting. :) You'll have to tell us all about it!
ReplyDelete