When I was a little girl, I remember having great fun with my brothers and sisters and dad. My dad would position himself by the fireplace in the living room. He had next to him an artillery of folded socks. We, my brothers and sisters and I, would run down the hallway and around the corner, where we then were exposed to my dad's "sock fire." We would continue through and around to the kitchen, which led us back to the hallway. Round and around we would go, trying not to be hit by the flying socks. We would laugh, whether or not we were hit; and dad would laugh too. Those were good times.
This past week my kids were in the stairwell playing a similar game. They built barriers of pillows to help protect them from flying tennis-balls. I know, to be hit would HURT! Still, I could remember the fun I had when running from the socks and so I just watched, and laughed along with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment