Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lunch Group


Here's a great idea for stay at home moms whose older children have an open campus lunch time. My high schoolers do, and can leave campus during lunch time to eat elsewhere. This year, Cari is part of a lunch group. I guess, in a way, I am too; I am the one that actually makes the lunch when the kids come to our house to eat. The way it works is simple. The kids in the "group" take turns going to each others homes for lunch. Our day to host the lunch is on Monday. I spend my Monday mornings making a lunch that I think the girls (and Trevon - he comes home on Mondays for a "good" lunch) will enjoy. We've made Mexican Pizzas, Stuffed Pasta Shells, and Haystacks, so far. Tomorrow I will either make homemade pizza or a breakfast quiche (I haven't decided yet). Sometimes while I make the lunch, I make a huge amount so that my dinner is also made. It has been a very enjoyable part of the week for me. I like being able to see my children in the middle of their school day. I like being able to serve them, with a yummy lunch. I also enjoy hearing their lunch time conversation and laughter. I think I'll probably be involved in many more years of lunch groups as well. Maybe I should start one for myself - I wouldn't mind spending lunch with some of MY friends during the week. It probably wouldn't be good for my waistline though! So, what do YOU want for lunch?


Cari's braces were removed this past week! She has a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l smile!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love that idea!! What a good Mom you are, and what a fun memory for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I wish I could do that with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sooo bad for Trevon - missing his track meet. What a sick feeling that must have been when he realized what had happened.
    Cari's smile looks GREAT!
    The lunch bunch looks like a happy group. What are some of the things she is eating at the other homes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea. I will remember it for when my kdis are older. I love that you get to be a part of their lives. This way you can know what's going on with friends and such. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete