Sunday, September 11, 2011

Peach Days 2011

Peach Days takes place every year on the Friday and Saturday before Labor Day. This year, Elise wanted to bake something to enter in the baked goods contest. Mike watched her as she made "Gingerbread Pals" all by herself.





She ended up winning a red ribbon and was very pleased with herself.


Mike entered the salsa and spaghetti sauce we had made and they both won blue ribbons.


We (Trevon) also entered some butternut squash and a pumpkin - just for fun! 



Saturday morning I ran in the 12K race. I came within 1minute 18seconds of my projected time
and won $7.  WOOT WOOT!!! I really enjoyed the run and had fun doing it. 
 I especially liked getting a Peach Days T-shirt.

Soon after the race was a parade. Trevon marched with the band and Sadie rode on the Youth City Council float. Cari came down to spend the "peachy" weekend with us.





After the parade, we toured the food booths, vendors and games.  I broke down and bought the kids some cotton candy.  It was just a part of the fun for them.





Trevon and Sadie both serve on the Youth City Council. As one of their "duties" they worked
at the Peach Days event, taking turns manning the fun slide for a couple of hours.


Cameron got some fun exercise at the playground before we headed home to do Saturday chores.


That night, we watched the fireworks of the closing ceremony.  It was a long, fun weekend and a perfect way to say goodbye to summer.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelly!!!

    Love all the pictures!! Happy birthday to Trevon, Kristi and Elise!! So fun Kristi got her own room!!
    And hello!!! BLUE RIBBON on your salsa and spaghetti sauce!!? I bet it was delicious from your garden tomatoes!
    Miss you guys-
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete