
We celebrated two special birthdays this week. Trevon turned SIXTEEN which means he will have more privileges and responsibilities to face. He was so busy with school, Driver's Ed, Pep Band, and Cross Country that we hardly saw him on his birthday. Cari decorated his locker at school and I left something "sweet" in his room. At the very end of the day, we gathered for some homemade carrot cake and vanilla ice cream. A BIG thank you to Corban for his help with the cake...BOTH of them.

I spent a day making both Trevon's and Elise's birthday cakes. Elise had a Princess Party on Saturday and wanted a castle cake. I obliged. I also made a pinata for her party. Except for the few burns I ended up with from the glue gun I used...it turned out great. Again, Corban helped me with this project. Sadie too.
Elise believes that princesses have breakfast in bed. She requested that I make her pancakes and scrambled eggs that she could eat in her bed. Again, I obliged. It was her first breakfast in bed and she thoroughly enjoyed it! She even shared some with her brothers!

We made some final party preparations and then her princess friends arrived (looking quite beautiful in their dresses). We played with balloons. We played musical crowns, Don't eat the Princess!, a matching game, a guessing game, and hit the pinata.



The girls ate finger sandwiches with lemonade, and then had cake and ice cream. Elise enjoyed her party and the nice gifts she received too. Her friends were given a necklace, ring, bubbles, fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups, and a candy bar.

I was glad to have Mike home from work and our older children help too. We had fun working and playing together. Thankfully, I had some "royal" decorations saved from a princess party I gave for Cari MANY years ago. They added a nice touch!
Wow, I hadn't looked at the blog for three weeks so it was great catching up. I love it because it is almost like being there! We love you guys and look forward to a visit next time you head our way. Have a great week.
ReplyDelete