We had a nice day just being together over the Memorial Day holiday. We missed Sadie, but were able to speak with her over the phone. Mike and Trevon helped put up flags around the neighborhood (for the scout troop), and then they worked on making a gun cabinet. I made a jello salad for our family BBQ. After eating lunch, we drove to Browse to the guard station to see the stream, hike, and look at the lone Redwood Sequoia tree there.

The guard station was off limits, but we enjoyed the scenery. The boys brought their fishing poles in hopes to do some pool fishing, but the stream was running fast and the pools were not easily accessible.

My favorite part of the trip was seeing all of the wildflowers. They were beautiful and I thought how fun it would be to be able to identify them. Mike was kind enough to let me stop (again and again) to get some pictures of them. I loved the flowers!

When we got home, Trevon mowed the lawn and we cooked up a yummy BBQ with corn on the cob. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed visiting outside in the backyard.
After collecting the flags posted earlier in the day, we ate some watermellon and then watched the movie National Treasure. It was a long, fun filled day!
Shelly! I LOVE the flowers too- sooooooo pretty.
ReplyDeleteYou guys have been having so much fun!
I have to smile about the post with Dad. It was nice to meet him for lunch- We're going to see him today too and we're excited.