Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saturday Fun


Saturday is always a chore day at our house. I make a list of the usual cleaning needs and then add a few more needing to be done. Then, assignments are made and we work together until they're done! During the week the kids are assigned certain kitchen duties. Occasionally, I'll call for a TEN MINUTE TIDY in which I set the timer for ten minutes and we all pick up, working our best, until the timer rings. I figure that six people working together for ten minutes is equivalent to one working for an hour by themselves. It is amazing what can be done in such a short time when we work together!

After our work is done, THEN comes time for play. This coming week is Spring Break and we are hoping to play a lot. Secretly, I want to work a lot: cleaning out the play room and going through STUFF - Spring Cleaning:) Some work and then some play will be good.

Trevon started Track this past week and has developed a problem with one of his knees. It is painful for him to use and has swelled up as well. I'll be taking him to the doctor, but Saturday it was difficult for him to do much of anything. I gave him stationary chores to do - like unloading and loading the dishwasher and cleaning the kitchen. Vacuuming the stairs would have been impossible for him to do. The wind started to pick up outside, after our work was done, and so the kids pulled out a kite. They didn't have much success with it, but it was still fun to try. This coming week, I'll take them to an open field for a picnic and some kite flying. It will be nice having everyone home from school - like a week full of Saturday Fun!





1 comment:

  1. I love the 10 minute tidy idea! But with my little family, I may have to make it the 20 minute tidy! :)

    ReplyDelete