This past week we had some "unexpected" adventures. One night, the kids were playing in the back room, when Elise ended up getting hit in the head with a wooden stool. It was a stool that Trevon had made in shop class a couple years ago. The kids had wanted to clear off the floor, for space to play, and put the stool up on a big storage container. Corban decided to push it off, and it fell onto Elise who was lying on the floor below. The corner edge of the stool leg gashed her on the front of her scalp. I heard the scream, and then Kristi brought Elise to me. Head wounds bleed A LOT! Half her face was covered in blood. Usually, in these circumstances, I rely heavily on Mike. On this particular night, he was not home. I applied pressure to her head, but it took me a while before I could get myself to look at it. Kristi helped by cleaning up the drips of blood that were trailing through the house. I was thankful for a tile floor! I was about to take Elise to Insta-care, but as I was heading out the door, decided to take a look at it first. There, in the front and center of her head was a gash, about an inch long. It had stopped bleeding, but looked deep enough to maybe need a stitch. I wasn't sure. I decided to call our doctor, who lives down the street to ask his opinion. He was gracious enough to let me interrupt his night, to take a look at it; so I would feel better! He said that if the cut had been on the skin, he would have it stitched. Because it was in the hair, he would leave it alone. He also said to wait until the next day before washing her hair. I was so thankful and relieved for his advice. We went home and waited to tell Mike of our adventure that night. I didn't take any pictures of this, but all is well and the stool, safely back on the floor!
Awww...poor little thing. I remember my little sister, Britney, falling down the stair and cutting her head open. I nearly passed out from the blood!! Glad to hear she's okay.
ReplyDelete