Sunday, June 28, 2009

OUCH!!!


On Saturday, Kristi was having fun playing on our swing set in the backyard. I was reading in the dining room and could see her through the French doors. I remember thinking, "That girl is going to hurt herself!" A minute later, her glasses were bent and twisted and scrapes covered one side of her face. She had been lying on the swing, face down, with her arms holding on behind her, swinging. She lost her balance and her head fell to the ground, scraping along the dirt. Because her hands were behind her, she couldn't catch herself. She cried for a while. I told her that when I was a little girl (about six years old), I hurt myself and had a scab on my face just like her. I don't think it made her feel any better.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch indeed!!! I'm sorry Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have taken the picture while she was crying!! :-) Maddy did a header off her bike a few feeks ago and tore up her legs...gotta love the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also tell Kris that Dene biffed it on the swing as well. She had dirt and sand up her nose and in her mouth. And, yes, I know, that doesn't make it any better.

    ReplyDelete